Just football

Lyon release statement confirming Nabil Fekir deal to Liverpool is off

158
French Ligue 1 side Lyon have released a stetement saying they have ended negotiations with Liverpool over the transfer for Nabil Fekir and will instead be staying at the club next season.

Fekir, 24, was expected to join Jurgen Klopp’s side before Les Bleus left for the World Cup, but Lyon have now halted talks and called off the deal.

The two clubs had been discussing a deal for the playmaker worth 60m euros (£52.75m) – 55m (£48.35m) plus a maximum of 5m (£4.4m) add-ons.

However, Lyon said on Saturday that talks about the potential transfer of their captain “had not succeeded”.

“Transfer negotiations with Liverpool and Nabil Fekir for the transfer of the captain of OL have not succeeded and Olympique Lyonnais have decided to put an end to this negotiation tonight at 8pm,” Lyon said in a statement on their official website.

“Although Liverpool have been the priority of a possible transfer of Nabil, and subject to other proposals consistent with the interest of Nabil and OL and from ambitious clubs, Olympique Lyonnais is delighted soon to be able to count on the presence of the captain who is a leading rookie for the 2018/2019 season during which the club will play the Champions League being in the 3rd pot for the draw.”

The France international had been one of Reds boss Klopp’s prime summer targets following his good form which saw him scored 18 goals last season in Ligue 1

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: