Just football

Fernando Torres announces Atletico Madrid summer leave

Fernando Torres announces this will be his final season at Atletico Madrid.

92
Club legend Fernando Torres has confirmed that he will leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the 2017-18 season, but vows to continue playing football elsewhere.

Torres, who joined his boyhood club at the age of 10, spending six years in their youth system, will be out of contract at the Wanda Metropolitano in June and it has been known within the club for some time.

The former Liverpool striker ​told the press on Monday that this will be his last year with Los Colchoneros, but he could end his time with the club with another European trophy to add to his collection.

“When I joined Atletico I was 10 years old and it’s my house. I was lucky to debut, to play, to score goals… it’s always been my home. I can have many houses, but only one home,” he said at a promotional event for LG.
“I’ve been part of an Atletico side that is always able to fight for titles and it’ll always be my home. It has been for my whole life.

“This is my last season at the club – it was not an easy decision, but under the circumstances it’s maybe for the best.
“I want to continue playing somewhere else. I feel good.”

The Spain international scored an impressive 65 goals in 102 league appearances for Liverpool  before trading the Reds for a stint at Stamford Bridge in 2011.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: