Arsene Wenger vehemently denies he is taking over at AC Milan
'The only thing I can say is that it's fake news'
Arsene Wenger has dismissed claims that he is in talks with AC Milan to become their new manager.
Wenger, who was rumoured to had held talks with the Italian side over potentially replacing the current manager Gennaro Gattuso, has dismissed the rumoursame as “fake news”.
#Wenger: 🗣️ "It's Fake News."
— beIN SPORTS (@beINSPORTS) November 6, 2018
The former Arsenal boss has insisted such claims are ill-informed. ‘The only thing I can say is that it’s fake news,’ he told beIN Sports.
‘If I would sign somewhere I would tell you but it is wrong news.’
The French man has been out of work since resigning from his job as Arsenal boss at the end of last season after his 22-year reign.
He has continually been linked with top European clubs, including Real Madrid after they sacked Julen Lopetegui last month, but he indicated on Tuesday that his return to management may not be imminent.
‘I cannot master the rumours,’ he said. ‘I can only master what I do in my life. I’m at the moment just focused on doing well for beIN Sports and that’s not easy.’